History of NuVisions Center
The NuVisions Center was founded in 1945 as a workshop for blind and visually impaired individuals, producing goods that were primarily sold door-to-door in Lewistown, PA. Over the years, we have evolved to include persons with a range of disabilities who perform janitorial, sewing, manufacturing, and customer service related jobs. Our business partners include UniqueSource and SourceAmerica, and we are an affiliate partner with Cleanlogic.
Our human services have continued to expand as well. From our beginnings of offering education to blind students in their homes, to the many programs we now run offering support to a variety of individuals, our goal is to assist the communities we serve wherever help is needed. Our human service partners include the Pennsylvania Association for the Blind, VisionServe Alliance, and our local United Way of Mifflin-Juniata.
First Executive Director
Corrective eye-care program began
Preschool vision screening program began
Partnership with Photo ID centers began
Commercial janitorial division launched
Window treatment division began
Public School Involvement
Adult vision screening program for senior centers and industrial sites began
A New Name
75th Anniversary of the NuVisions Center
Purchased Second Property
What you can expect from NuVisions
Since our founding in 1945, it has been our guiding principle to help our neighbors in need. Whether through employment opportunities or services that we provide, we vow to do all that we can for those who seek our assistance.